Tool Designer - 1st Shift
Newburyport, MA 01950 US
You will design stamping tools, fixtures for press equipment, and machining layouts for the tool room using current Solid Works software. Using Solidworks 3D Cad Design Software to produce models, detailed drawings from sketches, existing customer supplied drawings, images, and other forms of communication. We are seeking someone with familiar with aerospace standards and respective nickel based alloys and hands on trouble shooting, when necessary, on new part introduction and legacy tooling/product. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 3+ years of experience as a Tool Designer or equivalent.
- Excellent working knowledge of SolidWorks,
- Knowledge of Logo Press predicative software a plus.
- Have an understanding of stage tooling, progressive die design, metal working materials, mechanics, and heat-treating of design components.
- Experience in a metal stamping environment (i.e. knowledge of presses and different dies used in metal stamping such as progressive, draw, extrusion, miscellaneous, etc.)
- Strong 3D modeling and surfacing conceptual skills.
- Knowledge of GD&T
- Must Be A US Citizen Or A Permanent Resident
- Associate's Degree in Mechanical Design/Drafting or related field.
- Experience with Solid Works and Logo Press predicative software
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Solid mechanical aptitude and the ability to work as part of a team
- Having an understanding of different Aerospace materials and production methods.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications