Surface Mount Machine Operator -2nd shift
Manchester, NH 03103 US
Our client has been serving the electronics industry manufacturing printed circuit board assemblies and integrated electronic and electromechanical systems since the 1950's. Many of their products are made for the Defense Industry.
Currenly Hiring SMT operators for 2nd shift
Last year they experienced a record growth
Join now and be a part of another record breaking year!
Training will be on 1st shift; Depending on experience/skill.
If you enjoy a 3 day weekend every other week keep reading, because they offer that!
Job Summary & Essential Functions
Build surface mount (SMT) and Mixed Technology printed circuit board assemblies, placing components on boards per controlled parts lists, drawing documentation and quality workmanship guidelines.
- Setup and operate assigned production equipment while achieving goals for quality, efficiency and productivity
- Monitor the operation of equipment to ensure that assemblies are built to print and in compliance with applicable workmanship standards
- Inspect printed solder paste and component alignment for accuracy
- Understand and identify defects in accordance with applicable workmanship standard and class
- Perform daily machine maintenance activities for assigned production equipment as specified on the Preventive Maintenance schedules
- Perform manual placement of SMT and PIH components
- Load feeders for equipment and wash boards as needed
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, job orders, specifications, drawings, schematics, process sheets, wiring diagrams, and small print
- Intermediate level in MS Office applications (Word and Excel)
- Ability to read and understand load plans
- Advanced component identification skills
- Recognize and identify the different types of solder paste and their applications
- Use a variety of hand tools, including calipers
- Mechanical ability to troubleshoot and correct mechanical problems with assigned production equipment
- Ability to work with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail to produce quality results
- Ability to work in a high volume, high detail work environment
- Ability to read, comprehend and follow instructions
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Ability to manipulate and work with tedious and small parts
- Strong decision-making skills utilizing sound judgement and thorough processes
Don't feel you are the best fit for this job but know someone who is? Refer someone who is hired for this role (or ANY other) and we will offer you a referral bonus for helping us to keep our client happy.
Please be sure to sign up for email notifications when we post a new opening, or check back with http://jobs.techneeds.com to see our list of other openings.