Senior R&D Technician
Chelmsford, MA 01841
Assists in team, group, or department activities and functions in the development of new or revised products. Is competent in the use of general purpose laboratory equipment, methods, and practices utilized in the development of products. Is familiar with personal computers and standard office software applications. Has some outside vendor and contractor contact. Works under engineering direction. Generally no direct reports. May coordinate the time of 1-3 indirect departmental reports such as other technicians. Works independently under some engineering supervision on a weekly basis.
- Builds R&D test fixtures per specifications provided, providing design assistance and feedback
- Provides test fixture design input and documentation
- Executes test protocols per instructions provided, with minimal supervision, and provides results according to prescribed documentation procedures, providing test protocol design assistance and feedback.
- Builds prototype assemblies per specifications provided, providing design assistance and feedback
- Presents test report and design improvements to R&D project team members
- Interfaces with vendors and manufacturing on assembly process
- Sources parts and supplies when needed
- With engineering direction, able to troubleshoot complex circuits, mechanical assemblies, software functionality or accessories
- Limited supervision
- Assists other departments and company personnel when necessary and appropriate
- No instructions needed on routine work and general instructions on new lines of work or special assignments
- Contributes to lab organization and management
- Understanding of a breadth of theoretical principles
- Considerable proficient knowledge of complex tasks associated with job focus
- Must be able to build prototypes from schematics
- Must be able to perform rework on PWB with surface mount components.
- Ability to troubleshoot down to component level.
- Can follow semi-complex test procedures and protocols
- Can write basic test protocols and reports using guidance documentation or templates
- Ability to use basic and complex tools in area
- Ability to learn basics of more advanced tools with little supervision
- Capable of following multiple tasks and provide progress updates
- With limited supervision, has the capacity to visualize new solutions to problems
- Welcomes creative ideas and solutions
- Positive attitude and willingness to take on difficult challenges and to do what is necessary to advance corporate goals
- Work successfully within a team atmosphere
- Ability to contribute to team objectives
- Medical product experience a plus.
- Computer literacy is required.
- HS Diploma and 6 years experience OR
- Technical Certificate and 3 years experience OR
- Associates Degree and 0 years experience
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and marginal job functions are subject to modification.
Don' t feel you are the best fit for this job but know someone who is? Refer someone who is hired for this role (or ANY other) and we will offer you a referral bonus for helping us to keep our client happy.
Please be sure to sign up for email notifications when we post a new opening, or check back with http://jobs.techneeds.com to see our list of other openings.