Senior Buyer-1st Shift
Portsmouth, NH 03801
Our client who specializes in producing cables and connector’ s for the military is now seeking a Senior Buyer!
Great stable and friendly work environment.
The Senior Buyer has responsibility for purchasing activities, ensuring uninterrupted supply of direct and indirect materials and services including raw materials, packaging materials and OEM finished goods and services. This position’ s primary objective is to acquire inbound materials and services on time and complete, from approved Suppliers at competitive costs as required to support the operations and improve the organization’ s profitability.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement inventory control programs and procurement strategies such as VMI & KANBAN to achieve cash flow and inventory turns objectives without compromising material availability
- Manage formalized risk mitigation programs to reduce vulnerability of supply chain interruptions
- Develop effective supplier management relationships focused on availability, quality, and cost
- Lead and/or participate on process improvement teams to drive cost savings and process improvements
- Drive internal procedure improvements and deliver training to those improvements
- Manage purchase requisitions and place purchase orders for materials, services and equipment as required to support customer demand
- Drives supplier performance metrics of quality and on time delivery
- Understand regulatory & market requirements and their impacts on the supply chain
- Proficient and effective implementation of change management
- Maintain a positive results oriented attitude that promotes teamwork with peers, subordinates, & other support areas and suppliers while driving significant change
- Optimize utilization of ERP/MRP in an MTO & MTS environment
- Achieve financial goals of the Procurement Organization
- Supports schedule changes, customer quoting as required
- Mentor Junior Buyers
Don' t feel you are the best fit for this job but know someone who is? Refer someone who is hired for this role (or ANY other) and we will offer you a referral bonus for helping us to keep our client happy.
Please be sure to sign up for email notifications when we post a new opening, or check back with http://jobs.techneeds.com to see our list of other openings.