Quality Inspector - 1st shift
Merrmiack, NH 03054 US
Our Client is a small, local company with a focus on Engineering. Most of what they do is custom design but they are growing. There is a lot of interaction and collaboration from production to engineering and they encourage everyone to share ideas. They have had a good solid two years of growth recently. Their facility is clean, organized and has room to expand.
Our client company was founded in 1997 to provide power system manufacturers power control and instrumentation solutions.
Due to its recent growth, the company has an immediate need to hire a Quality Control Inspector. The shift is also a selling point! Monday-Friday 8 AM-4:30 PM but with flexible hours.
The QC Inspector will be responsible for performing first article, in-process, and final inspection of printed circuit boards, populated, conformal-coated electronic assemblies, custom harnesses, sheet metal, machined parts, and completed electromechanical systems.
·This person will be responsible for documenting inspection reports and test records. They will also resolve non-conforming material internally and with suppliers (strong communication required).
Skills and Qualifications:
· Minimum 2-5 years of experience as a Quality Inspector or similar work in electronic high tech, contract manufacturing, or related field.
· A demonstrated attentiveness to detailed oriented tasks
· Basic computer skills and competency with Microsoft Office
· Effective oral and written communication skills
· Ability to read assembly drawings, electrical schematics, and mechanical blueprints.
· Ability to identify electronic components.
· Understanding of PCB assembly techniques including knowledge of hand, surface mount, and through-hole assembly methods
· IPC Certification preferred – 600, 610 and/or 620
· Competency in the use of stereo microscope, micrometers, gages, calipers, digital multimeters
· Understanding of ESD and of how to work within an ESD controlled environment
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Experience with 5S and Lean principles desired but not required
Don't feel you are the best fit for this job but know someone who is? Refer someone who is hired for this role (or ANY other) and we will offer you a referral bonus for helping us to keep our client happy.
Please be sure to sign up for email notifications when we post a new opening, or check back with http://jobs.techneeds.com to see our list of other openings.