Program Manager - Engineering
North Springfield, VT 05150
Our client, located in the Springfield, Vermont area is a growing manufacturer that specializes in precision aerospace tooling and parts. We are currently seeking to fulfill this role with a permanent, motivated and reliable Program Manager to prepare quotes, negotiate and close contracts and work with production to ensure successful completion of an order. The position requires strong knowledge of mechanical engineering, quoting, customer service and management skills. Our client offers an excellent benefit package including paid time off, holiday pay, health and disability insurance and a 401K retirement plan.
Responsibilities (to include, but not limited to):
- Receive inquiries from clients, review specifications, achieve preliminary design and discuss requirements in order to prepare a successful quote.
- Collaborate with co-workers on technical aspects of projects prior to submission of quotes.
- Perform a risk analysis for each project.
- Offer solutions that benefit the customer ultimately resulting in a contract/order.
- Prepare a contract review and manage the transfer of the order/job to the project manager.
- Maintain contact with customers during sales conversion, the production process and post shipment.
- Follow up with employees during the project to address customer needs, troubleshoot issues and to ensure on-time delivery with profitability.
- Establish a bond of trust with new and existing customers.
- Manage a team of 5 or more employees critical to the successful completion of projects.
- Analyze market needs and trends to identify business opportunities.
- Some travel may be required.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Mechanical Engineering or other relevant training.
- Minimum 5-years of experience, including management and engineering.
- The ability to utilize various software programs including Microsoft Office, CAD/CAM.
- Ability to clearly communicate technical needs internally and externally.
- Excellent client relationship skills.
- Must be able to prioritize and multitask.
Don' t feel you are the best fit for this job but know someone who is? Refer someone who is hired for this role (or ANY other) and we will offer you a referral bonus for helping us to keep our client happy.
Please be sure to sign up for email notifications when we post a new opening, or check back with http://jobs.techneeds.com to see our list of other openings.