White River Junction, VT 05001
Our Client located in White River Junction, Vermont is seeking a 1st shift Production Supervisor for it' s manufacturing warehouse team.
The Production Supervisor is responsible for directing the staff and operations in the manufacturing production room, using a hands-on approach to organizing, training, and leading, to achieve the daily quality, safety, production, morale & efficiency goals of the department. This position will employ Continuous Improvement and Lean Manufacturing techniques in the performance of their duties. The Production Supervisor will work collaboratively with Facilities, Quality and Production Planning teams to resolve production issues and implement process improvements and changes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for implementing defined daily production plan through clear communication with direct team and support groups (QA, Facilities and Safety) for efficient use of staff and equipment resources.
- Support the development of new processes and procedures to achieve required volumes goals, and delivery deadlines. Position requires a minimum of 75% leadership and supervisory time on the manufacturing floor.
- Support identification and implementation of improvement action plans in collaboration with Quality, Facilities, and Production team(s). Assist in researching, testing, and implementing agreed upon changes in processes, procedures, and equipment.
- Support Quality and Production Planning team where required in the monitoring of bulk inventory, finished product, department, and equipment quality, safety, and sanitation procedures. Serves as main liaison between production team and Quality department
- Support Quality and Safety as needed to ensure certification and compliance with required regulations & certifications (HACCP, SQF, Organic, OSHA, Kosher)
- Extensive knowledge of the equipment, ingredients, packaging materials and finished product in the manufacturing facility.
- Utilize Redzone Compliance and Production modules for production, quality, downtime tracking by team and ensure accountability and process issues are addressed
- Interviewing and hiring of new employees to achieve established production benchmarks and capacity demand.
- Creation and maintenance of a safe, positive, and equitable work environment.
- Responsible for payroll adjustments and time cards for direct reports.
- Meet regularly with Production Planning Supervisor to assist in efficient scheduling of workflow.
- Seek support from department head and peers as needed for advice and/or assistance to achieve established goals.
- Approve expenditures for equipment maintenance and operational supplies.
- In absence of key personnel, you would assume responsibility of Food Safety and Quality task, based on our one up/one down SQF requirements
- One Up – Director of Manufacturing
- One Down – Production Planning Manager
- Openly communicate team and individual expectations and concerns
- Be readily accessible, willing to listen and seek to understand
- Engage your team: motivating, directing, inspiring and involving them in decisions
- Nurture growth in others by supporting their passions, strengths and work styles
- Maintain employee attitude and morale by recognizing outstanding performance and managing performance issues
- Accountable for the collection of feedback and performance reviews, establishing clear objectives & appropriate action plans for direct reports.
- Fostering the growth, development, & success of employees.
- Meet daily with production team members to establish daily and weekly quality, safety and production goals. Monitoring and communicating/posting department procedures, workflow, and benchmarks.
Minimum job requirements
- Broad knowledge and experience of blending/repackaging processes & equipment.
- Exhibit through words & actions appropriate team culture, leadership, and commitment to our clients mission and goals
- Ability to collaborate and negotiate win – wins with peers.
- Able to recognize areas of opportunity & concern and provide solutions.
- Effectively meet service, quality, and efficiency benchmarks and expectations.
- Proven management and communication skills.
- Ability to be clear and concise while communicating directives
- A proven track record of attention to details.
- Knowledge of Continuous Improvement and Lean Manufacturing methodologies.
- Demonstrate willingness to continually develop position and abilities.
- Bachelor’ s degree or 5 years minimal experience in similar positions.
Don' t feel you are the best fit for this job but know someone who is? Refer someone who is hired for this role (or ANY other) and we will offer you a referral bonus for helping us to keep our client happy.
Please be sure to sign up for email notifications when we post a new opening, or check back with http://jobs.techneeds.com to see our list of other openings.