Norwich, VT 05055
The Production Supervisor is responsible for directing the staff and operations in our clients manufacturing production room, using a hands-on approach to organizing, training, and leading, to achieve the daily quality, safety, production, morale & efficiency goals of the department. This position will employ Continuous Improvement and Lean Manufacturing techniques in the performance of their duties. The Production Supervisor will work collaboratively with Facilities, Quality and Production Planning teams to resolve production issues and implement process improvements and changes.
Schedule: Mon-Fri 3: 00 pm to 11: 30 pm, some Saturdays may be required
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for implementing defined daily production plan through clear communication with direct team and support groups (QA, Facilities and Safety) for efficient use of staff and equipment resources.
- Support the development of new processes and procedures to achieve required volumes goals, and delivery deadlines. Position requires a minimum of 75% of leadership and supervisory time on the manufacturing floor.
- Support identification and implementation of improvement action plans in collaboration with Quality, Facilities, and Production team(s). Assist in researching, testing, and implementing agreed upon changes in processes, procedures, and equipment.
- Supports Quality and Production Planning team, where required, in the monitoring of bulk inventory, finished product, department, and equipment quality, safety, and sanitation procedures. Serves as main liaison between production team and quality department
- Supports Quality and Safety as needed to ensure certification and compliance with required regulations & certifications (HACCP, SQF, Organic, OSHA, Kosher)
- Extensive knowledge of the equipment, ingredients, packaging materials and finished product in the manufacturing facility.
- Utilize Redzone Compliance and Production modules to appropriately track (production, quality, downtime) is completed and communicated to ensure accountability and process issues are addressed.
- Interviewing and hiring of new employees to fill direct reports and staff positions to achieve established production benchmarks and capacity demand.
- Creation and maintenance of a safe, positive, and equitable work environment. Responsible for payroll adjustments and time cards for direct reports.
- Meets regularly with Production Planning Supervisor to assist in efficient scheduling of workflow.
- Seeks support from department head and peers as needed for advice and/or assistance to achieve established goals.
- Approve expenditures for equipment maintenance and operational supplies.
- Accountable for the collection of feedback and performance reviews, establishing clear objectives & appropriate action plans for direct reports.
- Fostering the growth, development, & success of employees.
- Meets daily with production team members to establish daily and weekly quality, safety and production goals. Monitoring and communicating/posting department procedures, workflow, and benchmarks.
- Be readily accessible, willing to listen and seek to understand
- Engage your team: motivating, directing, inspiring and involving them in decisions
- Nurture growth in others by supporting their passions, strengths and work styles
- Maintain employee attitude and morale by recognizing outstanding performance and managing performance issues
Minimum job requirements
- Broad knowledge and experience of blending/repackaging processes & equipment.
- Exhibit through words & actions appropriate team culture, leadership, and commitment to our clients' mission and goals
- Ability to collaborate and negotiate win – wins with peers.
- Able to recognize areas of opportunity & concern and provide solutions.
- Effectively meet service, quality, and efficiency benchmarks and expectations.
- Proven management and communication skills.
- Ability to be clear and concise with while communicating directives
- A proven track record of attention to details.
- Knowledge of Continuous Improvement and Lean Manufacturing methodologies.
- Demonstrate willingness to continually develop position and abilities.
- Bachelor’ s degree or 5 years minimal experience in similar positions.
Success factors/competencies for this role
- Open to change, recommends actions for continuous improvement
- Thinks and acts strategically, understands how role contributes to larger outcome
- Provides exemplary customer service to both internal and external customers
- Sets high standards for oneself, meets or exceeds deadlines on a consistent basis
- Learns from mistakes and is receptive to feedback
- Effective communicator, listens and respects others’ points of view
- Participates in team problem solving and decision making
- Maintains a positive attitude
- Community minded – gets involved, volunteers
Physical requirements/work environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical requirements
- Ability to lift 50 lbs frequently
- Ability to lift 25 lbs frequently
- Must be able to stand all shift and regularly bend, reach, and lift.
- Must be able to occasionally stoop, climb steps, climb step ladders.
- Frequent hand washing
- Work environment
- Occasional dusty environment from dry ingredients
- Work with multiple food allergens
- Below 60 degree at times in winter on receiving floor
- Understand that safety is everyone’ s responsibility, including mine
- Responsible for providing a safe and ergonomically sound work environment, identifying unsafe conditions and correcting these conditions immediately
- Engaged in safety and compliance training programs and encourage 100% team participation in same
- Adhere to company-wide green norms, look for ways to reduce, reuse, recycle
- Educate oneself on our clients environmental campaigns
- Strive to continually improve and implement new processes to reduce our environmental impact
- Must wear white lab coat
- Hair net required for all, beard nets required if you have mustache or beard when in production
- Latex gloves required in production areas
Don' t feel you are the best fit for this job but know someone who is? Refer someone who is hired for this role (or ANY other) and we will offer you a referral bonus for helping us to keep our client happy.
Please be sure to sign up for email notifications when we post a new opening, or check back with http://jobs.techneeds.com to see our list of other openings.