Production Electronics Technician - 1st shift
Merrimack, NH 03054 US
Our client in Merrimack, NH is a small company with twenty five people that is Engineering oriented. Most of what they do is custom design but they are transitioning to standard products. There is a lot of interaction and collaboration from production to engineering and they encourage everyone to share ideas. They have had a good solid three years of recent growth. Their facility is clean, organized and has room to expand.
Due to this, they have an immediate need for a 1st Shift Production Electronics Technician with flexible start time Monday-Friday!
This position is for highly motivated technician with minimum of 2+ years’ experience, eager to grow their skills to the next level. Support Manufacturing, Quality, and Engineering by testing, troubleshooting, and repairing circuit boards and systems. Perform tests necessary to debug, evaluate, and characterize analog, digital, embedded systems, and power circuitry. Analyze and interpret test data to identify component and assembly-related problems. Modify electrical prototypes, parts, assemblies, and systems to correct functional deviations.
· Provide technical support for Manufacturing across all product lines
· Assist Quality and Manufacturing in investigation of product failures, process flaws, and material problems
· Repair engineering development and production-quality SMT and through-hole circuit boards
· Build and troubleshoot electronic circuits, systems, and test fixtures
· Collaborate with engineers and other personnel to identify and solve problems using basic knowledge of engineering technology
· Assist Engineering in the debug, evaluation and characterization of analog, digital, embedded systems, and power circuitry, and analyze and interpret test information to assist in resolution of design-related problems
· Work with Engineering and Manufacturing in transitioning designs from development into production, including reviewing BOMs, building and testing prototypes, and writing manufacturing test Procedures
· Communicate new ideas, technology advances, and opportunities to Management team for review, evaluation and action
· Work on a team with other technicians and engineers in a technical support role
Qualifications & Experience
· Associates Degree in electronic engineering technology or equivalent
· 2+ years’ experience testing and troubleshooting electronic assembles to the component level preferred but will consider highly motivated, entry-level candidates
· Trained/ certified to IPC-A-610 and IPC-771/7721 soldering and rework quality standards a plus