Production Avionics Technician - 1st
Merrimack, NH 03054
Our client is looking for a top notch Production Technician; ideally from the Avionics field. Seeking talented applicants for the following:
Considerable knowledge of production testing techniques used to perform standard and nonstandard testing involving a sequence of operations related to test, troubleshoot and repair of electromechanical products. Enhanced Vision systems (FLIR) and Air Data Products
- Work from specific drawings, sketches, schematics, technical manuals and explicit verbal or written instructions to test and repair assemblies
- Perform a variety of functional and operational tests. Following prescribed test procedures, apply knowledge obtained from formal education or work experience to use basic test equipment such as multimeters and oscilloscopes to troubleshoot, debug and make routine measurements on electronic and/or mechanical assemblies.
- Working independently, set up and/or use test equipment that requires interpretation of data, including oscilloscopes, signal generators and other specialized test equipment to test, align, calibrate, and troubleshoot to verify proper product function. Repair and replace defective parts and components as required.
- Discuss technical problems encountered with Team Leader, a more senior level technician, or Engineering
- Perform assembly and repair duties as required. Soldering and crimping may be required.
- Can troubleshoot at the subassembly level. I.E. - Individual components on a circuit card.
- Works under general supervision within established parameters and procedures. Independently manages work to meet established objectives. Requires general instructions for routine lines of work and detailed instructions for new lines of work. Work is reviewed for adequacy and accuracy.
- Contributes to the completion of milestones associated with specific projects. Errors may lead to moderate project delays or allocation of additional resources.
- Primarily contact with others in own department. Infrequent contact with outside parties to obtain information or data requiring some explanation or interpretation.
- HS or Trade School (preferred) + 3-5 years
- Current solder qualification preferred but not a must have.Requires knowledge of the use of electronic theory and mathematics normally acquired by two years of advanced specialized instruction in electronics engineering technology or related field resulting in an Associate’ s Degree, or an equivalent combination of education and experience as well as 3 - 5 years of related work experience.
- Must be able to read and understand diagnostic data.
- Must possess some basic mechanical aptitude.
- Must be able to solve complex problems without assistance from others.
- Strong technical communications skills required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and other database software operations is required.
- Understanding of test software is desirable.
- This position requires occasional physical activity including walking, standing, lifting up to 25 pounds (over 25 pounds with assistance).
Don' t feel you are the best fit for this job but know someone who is? Refer someone who is hired for this role (or ANY other) and we will offer you a referral bonus for helping us to keep our client happy.
Please be sure to sign up for email notifications when we post a new opening, or check back with http://jobs.techneeds.com to see our list of other openings.