Plant Engineering Manager
Ayer, MA 01432
Our Client is hiring for a Plant Engineering Manager. This position provides Engineering support for the plant and has overall management ownership for the Maintenance Department and all maintenance related activities to include equipment reliability, plant projects, vendor’ s utilization and maintenance spending. The Maintenance Manager reports directly to this position.
- Leads maintenance department activities to achieve performance standards with regards to PM completion, troubleshooting, root cause analysis (breakdown analysis)
- Oversees and assures facility equipment reliability to minimize downtime
- Aligns team agenda with Annual Operating Plan objectives. Maintains spending to budget
- Develops engineering studies, scope of work for expense and capital projects
- Ensures compliance with all Health & Safety regulations as well as all other company polices/procedures.
- Effectively communicate throughout all levels of the organization
- Identify gaps in performance, investigate root cause effectively and efficiently, and implements counter measures to eliminate recurrence for multiple functional areas simultaneously
- Bachelor' s Degree, preferably a B.S. in Engineering, or Maintenance Technologies, or comparable work experience (at least 5+ years) in a high-speed Manufacturing environment required, preferably utilities or maintenance experience in a food and beverage environment
- 3+ years’ work experience in a utilities or maintenance supervisory position with frontline employees required
- 2+ years’ work experience with Boilers, HVAC, and Ammonia Refrigeration systems is required
- Strong employee relations, interpersonal, team building, and verbal/written communication skills • Experience reading P&IDs and Electrical drawings
- Demonstrate computer proficiency: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SAP/CMMS is a plus
- Demonstrate PLC and Allen Bradley proficiency is a plus
- Proven track record driving improvement through TPM or LSS is a plus
- Demonstrate ability to function successfully in a fast paced, changing work environment
- Demonstrate planning and organizational skills
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
Don' t feel you are the best fit for this job but know someone who is? Refer someone who is hired for this role (or ANY other) and we will offer you a referral bonus for helping us to keep our client happy.
Please be sure to sign up for email notifications when we post a new opening, or check back with http://jobs.techneeds.com to see our list of other openings.