Hopkinton, MA 01748
Our Client is looking to add a Mechanical Buyer to their growing manufacturing team!
The Mechanical Buyer will be responsible for activities related to strategic sourcing of various metal commodities, including: machining, castings, forgings, sheet metal assemblies, extrusions, and stamping' s for multiple locations.
- Develop and Implement commodity strategies for various metal commodities
- Global Benchmarking, evaluation of low cost country suppliers
- Total Cost Analysis
- Negotiate / Implement Supplier contracts (U.S. & International)
- Supplier Development
- Supply Base Consolidation
- Review and Action MRP scheduled parts, as required to both ensure material availability and manage inventory
- Resolve Supplier quality non-conformance' s
- Manage Incoming Freight Costs
- Proficient at understanding technical drawings
- Drive Continuous Improvement Projects
- Track Metal Indices
- Material procurement execution
- Inventory optimization
- Bachelor’ s Degree (B.S.) from four year College or University; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in metals commodities, Senior buyer, or similar role, in a fast paced manufacturing environment
- Experience with lean manufacturing
- Proven negotiating skills
- Analytical, Communication, Interpersonal, Team Development, Project Management and Technical skills
Don' t feel you are the best fit for this job but know someone who is? Refer someone who is hired for this role (or ANY other) and we will offer you a referral bonus for helping us to keep our client happy.
Please be sure to sign up for email notifications when we post a new opening, or check back with http://jobs.techneeds.com to see our list of other openings.