Haverhill, MA 01835
Our client in the Merrimack Valley, is looking for a Planner/Scheduler to join their busy company.
The Planner/Scheduler is a diverse position covering the planning, scheduling, releasing and tracking of workflow from the engineering department through the manufacturing department. This position will be the focal point in creating a production schedule ensuring on-time delivery. The Planner/Scheduler will create, track and report on the current production status of all released job orders. This position functions as a liaison between engineering, purchasing, manufacturing and shipping/receiving, effectively communicating to meet project requirements
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create a production schedule to provide a means to track and manage daily manufacturing workloads, provide feedback to engineering and provide reporting on manufacturing status. This schedule will provide an assessment of production requirements, manufacturing capacity, schedule and workforce needed.
- Monitor, analyze and report performance of production activities.
- Research order and delivery discrepancies and resolve MRP related issues. Take appropriate actions to prevent similar issues.
- Works closely with the purchasing departments to ensure visibility to and availability of raw materials necessary to support manufacturing operations.
- Identify and resolve supplier errors/issues that result in schedule discrepancies.
- Provide continual improvement of the planning and reporting processes.
- Stay informed of current R&D projects, manufacturing workloads and manufacturing processes.
- Participate in weekly production meetings.
- Expedites operations that delay schedules and alters the schedule to meet unforeseen conditions.
- Represent engineering in Material Review Board (MRB) activities and assist quality with RMA dispositions and corrective actions.
- Assist with the development, documentation, and implementation of company procedures, as well as updates to AS9100 standards.
- Bachelor' s degree in Business Administration, Operations Management or a technical field.
- 5 Years’ experience in planning/scheduling.
- Ability to positively motivate individuals and/or teams to meet or exceed project expectations.
- Self-motivated, energetic, dependable, honest and thorough. Self-starter with a positive attitude, who is cautiously assertive.
- Strong organizational and communication skills are required. Must be able to multitask.
- Strong mechanical and electrical aptitude.
- Competent with computer software such as Microsoft Office (word, excel, access, power point)
- Must be able to pass a drug screening test and eye exam.
Don' t feel you are the best fit for this job but know someone who is? Refer someone who is hired for this role (or ANY other) and we will offer you a referral bonus for helping us to keep our client happy.
Please be sure to sign up for email notifications when we post a new opening, or check back with http://jobs.techneeds.com/ to see our list of other openings.