Machinist - 1st Shift
Manchester, NH 03103
Do you have Machinist experience? Do you enjoy a role where you use your strong attention to detail skills, work with your hands and work with automated and manual machines? This job could be for you!
Our client in Southern New Hampshire has a role on 1st shift open for a skilled Machinist. This client is a leading global producer and distributor of reference materials and proficiency testing products. In this position you will be responsible for machining products out of 1, 500 different types of alloys, working with a lathe, vertical mill, Prototrax software for programming, as well as packaging final products. This role will be creating samples for customers and must be able to work with various types of metal, alloy, and steel and understand how to make the proper machining adjustments for each material.
- 1-3 years of basic machining skills are preferred (experience with lathes, vertical mill (automated and manual equipment) and ability to use Prototrax software to program)
- Experience working with multiple types of alloy, metal and steel and understanding of how to make adjustments for each kind of material that is being machined
- Must be able to wear a lab coat, gloves, eye protection to perform the role when needed
- Steel-toed safety shoes are required
- Ability to work with hands and strong attention to detail skills
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently
- Basic computer skills required ( Word, Excel and Outlook)
- High School diploma or GED is preferred
- Prior cleanroom/lab experience preferred
- Ability to lift up to 35 lbs with help if needed
- The client is open to recent graduates who have training as well as experienced machinists who are looking for a slower-paced role.
Don' t feel you are the best fit for this job but know someone who is? Refer someone who is hired for this role (or ANY other) and we will offer you a referral bonus for helping us to keep our client happy.
Please be sure to sign up for email notifications when we post a new opening, or check back with http://jobs.techneeds.com to see our list of other openings.