Junior Electrical Engineer
Lebanon, NH 03766
The ideal candidate will have an in-depth understanding of a broad range of electrical engineering disciplines including the design, development, qualification and manufacture of electronics. Experience with DC/DC converters, AC/DC supplies, DC/AC inverters, oscillators, timers and high current linear regulators is a plus. Experience with spice modeling and the PCB design knowledge to ensure high reliability circuit operation, thermal mitigation, (EMI) management and lightning protection is a plus. Familiarity with lighting, optics, and photometrics would be advantageous. Software experience in CAD and circuit layout (PADS) would be an asset. Standard word processing skills for report writing and data manipulation expected.
- BS in Electrical and/or Computer Engineering from an accredited university program.
- Experience in analog circuit design is required.
- Use of and selection of test equipment- oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, meters, supplies, etc.
- Use lab equipment such as soldering irons and heat guns on SMT components
- Team player and methodical self-starter able to complete projects in a timely manner.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Additional Skills or COOP Experience that would be a plus
- Design of multilayer printed circuit boards and products for high-speed communication supporting USB 2.0/3.0, Ethernet at FE/1/2.5/5/10Gbps speeds, wireless 802.11 b/g/n/ac & LTE radio integration, microprocessor and memory design & validation.
- I/O design including USB, SPI, I2C interfaces.
- Failure analysis of existing and new designs including the development of Failure Mode Effects Analysis reports.
- Product validation and testing including final analysis and development of tests/reports /programming code scripts.
- Software experience in languages or environments such as C/C++, Python, Linux, Bash, Arduino, Raspberry Pi.
- Design tool experience for schematic capture and layout, preferably Altium Designer, PADS & CAD
Don' t feel you are the best fit for this job but know someone who is? Refer someone who is hired for this role (or ANY other) and we will offer you a referral bonus for helping us to keep our client happy.
Please be sure to sign up for email notifications when we post a new opening, or check back with http://jobs.techneeds.comto see our list of other openings.