Norwich, VT 05055
Our client located in Wilder, VT is seeking to fulfill a Temporary Inventory Planner Role. The contract is expected to go through December 2019. Full Time Monday through Friday 8: 00 am - 5: 00 pm.
This position joins an Inventory Team that supports our commitment to maintain a 98.5% fill rate with our customers for their wholesale dry grocery needs throughout a network of eight 3PL warehouses in the United States. Responsibilities include monitoring and analyzing inventory levels, creating and maintaining purchase orders (PO) and transfers to insure inventory and service levels meet the department goals.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Develop and execute an inventory plan for finished goods (FG) inventory levels with a thorough understanding of variables such as open sales orders, demand plan and capacity constraints
- Ability to react to changes in demand and adjust inventory plan frequently
- Create and maintain Purchase Orders (PO’ s) with partners in alignment with the inventory plan
- Maintain PO integrity in the ERP system (Microsoft AX) in response to changes in vendor capacity and customer needs
- Maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail with all inventory transaction records including production dates, lot codes and contract pricing
- Daily monitoring of on-hand inventory and suggest revising existing orders or additional transfers to maintain service levels and fill rate goals
- Analyze and monitor at-risk inventory and recommend transfers to reduce obsolescence
- Verify accuracy of supply chain invoices, research discrepancies, code and authorize payments
- Provide detailed verbal and written input on performance of all vendors
- Update and maintain the accuracy of our inventory tools and user instructions to maintain accuracy
- Document product quality issues with our clients' Quality team and escalate issues as needed
- Accurately record contracts and vendor pricing agreements
- Perform lot code tracing efficiently and accurately; follow up with mill and warehouses when discrepancies occur
- Monthly warehouse balancing, including raw ingredients and packaging materials
- Make Movements and Inventory Adjustments based on inventory discrepancies, damages and obsolescence
- Address sales order invoicing issues and work with Sales Support to address shorts and pending inbound orders
- Maintain the Inventory Outlook Inbox and maintain the individual Outlook folders and files shares
- Run production processes in ERP system for Finished Goods produced at vendors with ingredients and packaging owned by our client.
Minimum job requirements:
- Bachelor’ s degree or 2 years of relevant Inventory Planning or Supply Planning experience
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Excel
Success factors/competencies for this role
- Open to change, recommends actions for continuous improvement
- Think and act strategically, understand how role contributes to larger outcome
- Provide exemplary customer service to both internal and external customers
- Set high standards for oneself, meet deadlines
- Learn from mistakes, receptive to feedback
- Effective communicator, listen and respect others’ points of view
- Participate in team problem solving and decision making
- Maintain a positive attitude
- Community minded – get involved, volunteer
Don' t feel you are the best fit for this job but know someone who is? Refer someone who is hired for this role (or ANY other) and we will offer you a referral bonus for helping us to keep our client happy.
Please be sure to sign up for email notifications when we post a new opening, or check back with http://jobs.techneeds.com to see our list of other openings.