Inventory Control Specialist- 1st Shift
Cambridge, MA 02141
Our Client who specializes in chemical supply chain management (“ CSCM”) solutions to the commercial aerospace, airline, military, energy, and other markets are now looking for an Inventory Control/ Customer Service Specialist!
- Responsible for going to labs and scanning containers/chemicals
- Interact with researchers/scientist/facility management personnel
- Perform quality check of incoming materials, they will deliver materials to labs and storage rooms,
- Utilize ERP and Microsoft Office for documentation purposes
- Able to work independently and be on their feet for extended periods.
- Maintain a strong knowledge of products, services, quality requirements, and customer plans and specifications.
- Continuously promote and maintain positive working relationships with customers and associates on-site, ensuring all opportunities to provide value-added services to customers are communicated to Program Managers to follow up.
- Perform daily bin maintenance, including Bin Scanning, Bin Replenishment, FOD Removal, within customer specifications and requirements, in coordination with On-Site Inventory Clerks, if applicable.
- Proactively initiate or respond efficiently to daily Customer requirements, with the Contract Administrator, Production Floor Supervisors, and other relevant Functional Area Managers, to facilitate needs.
- Attend Shortage, Planning and Development Meetings, as required, to provide accurate and current status on critical parts to the customer management team.
- Address On-Site quality assurance issues and forward to the Program Manager and or Quality Manager for resolution.
- Communicate or report relevant program information (i.e., critical stock outs) to Program Managers, immediately.
- Assist the Program Manager in determining new bin set-ups, size and locations.
- Identify part usage issues to the Program Manager and Customer Contract Administrator.
- Practice and promote good housekeeping within the on-site work environment.
- Actively seek and recommend process improvements to Program Managers, to increase efficiency and accuracy.
- Accommodate Special Requirements which may be established by the customer supervisor, including but not limited to work schedule changes, required overtime, working holidays, and weekends, as needed.
- Adhere to all customer site safety and security policies and procedures, and local laws or regulations, as applicable.
- Attend regularly scheduled customer or company-sponsored meetings and/or training, as required.
Don' t feel you are the best fit for this job but know someone who is? Refer someone who is hired for this role (or ANY other) and we will offer you a referral bonus for helping us to keep our client happy.
Please be sure to sign up for email notifications when we post a new opening, or check back with http://jobs.techneeds.com to see our list of other openings.