Fulfillment & Manufacturing 1st Shift
Norwich, VT 05055
Effectively perform all functions related to picking, packing, shipping, kitting and labeling in the client fulfillment warehouse. You must share our client commitment towards achieving best in class food quality, safety, security, and ergonomics standards. Maintain consistent focus and initiative to follow procedures while achieving department efficiency targets. Remain flexible regarding changing priorities and task assignments. Professional representation of our company and brand to internal and external customers and vendors. Communicate in a professional manner, consistently displaying a positive, flexible, and teamwork attitude, adhering to company core competencies.
SCHEDULE Full or Part-Time as agreed. Day shift (flexible schedules available). Minimum 2 weekend days per month
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Safety & Quality
- Consistently adhere to all work safety, and ergonomic processes and procedures. Report any observed non-conformances.
- Be constantly on the lookout for product quality, freshness, and accuracy concerns. Report and take appropriate action as necessary.
- Rotate into Picking, thru zones, and with other tasks in accordance with the daily plan and direction provided by the shift lead.
- Read pick tickets and pick items from primary locations in accordance with picking procedures and ergonomic guidelines.
- Verify product by description, validate product quality and effectively arrange in buckets
- Work efficiently keeping up with the lead picker, jumping in and helping with upstream/downstream zones as needed.
- Implement primary location product, boxes, and aisle clean up as necessary
- Effectively perform scheduled cycle counts as requested.
- Rotate into Packing, thru the stations, and with other tasks in accordance with the daily plan and direction provided by the shift lead.
- Check pick bins for product accuracy and quality.
- Properly package all items in accordance with packing procedures and ergonomic guidelines.
- Strive to consistently achieve the overall package per hour efficiency benchmarks.
- Restock, clean and organize your workstation and surrounding packing area as required.
- Rotate into Shipping from other tasks in accordance with the daily plan and direction provided by the shift lead.
- Scan tickets at the shipping station and apply to all packages.
- Sort packages to correct outbound staging area or trailer. Load packages onto appropriate trailer or pallet
Kitting & B2B Order Preparation
- Assemble kits and pre-wrap items in accordance with processes and procedures
- Assist in the labeling and case packing of large wholesale orders.
- Positively participate in idea sharing and problem solving. Support project and improvement implementations as applicable.
- Assist in the training and support for new and seasonal team members.
- Be a resource and role model for all team mates.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS & DESIRED SKILLS
- Strong commitment to food quality and work place safety.
- Displayed commitment to our client mission, goals, and behavioral competencies.
- Actively and effectively communicate and collaborate with team members.
- Display a consistently efficient and positive work ethic.
- Detail oriented, focused on quality control and accuracy.
- Must be 18 years or older.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Good math skills
- High School Diploma
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft outlook, word, excel and inventory management systems.
- Ability to lift 30 lbs frequently and 50 lbs occasionally
- Ability to stand or walk all shift and regularly bend, reach, and lift.
Don' t feel you are the best fit for this job but know someone who is? Refer someone who is hired for this role (or ANY other) and we will offer you a referral bonus for helping us to keep our client happy.
Please be sure to sign up for email notifications when we post a new opening, or check back with http://jobs.techneeds.com to see our list of other openings.