Electro-mechanical Assembler -2nd shift
Manchester, NH 03103 US
Our client has been serving the electronics industry manufacturing printed circuit board assemblies and integrated electronic and electromechanical systems since the 1950's. Many of their products are made for the Defense Industry.
Our client is looking for an experienced Mechanical Build Assembler to perform various complex electro-mechanical assembly duties.
Last year they experienced a record growth
Join now and be a part of another record breaking year!
Training will be on 1st shift; Depending on experience/skill.
Job Summary & Essential Functions
You must have experience building electrical and electromechanical assemblies per drawings and prints.
- Assemble electrical or electromechanical devices or add components to assemblies using a variety of hardware/tools; assemblies may include cables, harnesses or chassis modules
- Wire and solder prototypes and other complex assemblies of unique or unusual design per applicable specifications
- Operate a variety of equipment to fulfill manufacturing processes
- Understand and identify defects in accordance with applicable workmanship standard and class
- Perform verification tests in accordance with assembly instructions
- Assist in training other employees and provide guidance in following procedures, using equipment and troubleshooting more complex problems
- OJT (On-the-Job Training) for new hires and other Operators
- Rework and/or repair assemblies as required
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, job orders, specifications, drawings, schematics, process sheets, wiring diagrams, and small print for mid-level to complex assemblies
- Ability to use basic hand tools including, but not limited to: dial indicators, torque wrenches, testing devices, etc.
- Ability to solder and wire assemblies per assembly instructions and production drawings
- Able to build electronic assemblies and consoles to requirements including IPC-610 and IPC-620
- Ability to use wire cutting, stripping, crimping and potting machines
- Ability to read, comprehend and follow instructions
- Strong math computation and measurement skills
- Ability to manipulate and work with tedious and small parts
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Ability to work with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail to produce quality results
- Ability to work in a high volume, high detail work environment
Required Experience & Education
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum 2 years of relevant job experience
Don't feel you are the best fit for this job but know someone who is? Refer someone who is hired for this role (or ANY other) and we will offer you a referral bonus for helping us to keep our client happy.
Please be sure to sign up for email notifications when we post a new opening, or check back with http://jobs.techneeds.com to see our list of other openings.