Salem, NH 03079 US
Our client is a small division of a UK based cable and connector manufacturer. They are looking for either an experience cable assembler, or someone entry level that they can train, and provide experience in cable and connector assembly.
As part of their small cable team, the successful candidate will be involved in all aspects of the production process, including assembling connectors, cable components, doing wire measurements and hand and automated assembly from detailed work instructions.
An entry-level trainee will provide cable prep and basic cable or connector assembly with crimping, cutting, measuring, etc.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be focused, well organized and display exceptional attention to detail.
- Have good hand-eye coordination and fine motor skills.
- Possess solid math skills, including understanding of the metric system.
- Have a minimum of 6 months cable assembly experience, preferably including connectors.
- Have some exposure and experience to hand crimping and soldering (a plus)
- Must be able to interpret and work to technical drawings.
- Be comfortable using digital inspection tools, e.g., micrometers, calipers and stereo microscopes.
- Be familiar with IPC-A-620 standards. Familiarity with automatic wire cutting and stripping machine is preferred.
Experience back potting is a plus.