CNC Programmer- 1st shift
Woburn, MA 01801 US
Our client is a provider of manufacturing solutions for complex, high-precision products and services for the Medical Device and Aerospace & Defense markets. For 60 years they have been in Massachusetts, and today they have 16 global manufacturing facilities in five countries around the world.
They have an immediate need for a fulltime 1st Shift CNC Machinist Programmer at their location in Woburn, MA.
The CNC Machinist Programmer produces machined parts by setting up and operating and programming a computer numerical control (CNC) machine; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment and supplies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate and Set-up and Program CNC machines within specified tolerances following work instructions and in accordance with machine programs and engineering drawings;
- Perform CNC Machinist work including progressive machining of a variety of parts and different metals where very close tolerances must be maintained;
- Change dull tooling, and/or make minor offsets and adjustments as needed for tooling wear;
- Perform routine maintenance as per daily machine checklist and adhere to PM schedule;
- Perform hand finishing;
- Achieve set productivity targets and identify ways of improving productivity;
- Record all activities in a timely manner on the job tracking system;
- Identify and support Continuous Improvement activities;
- Identify and escalate manufacturing issues to the Team Leader and/or Supervisor, participating in the resolution as required
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED); Associates degree/certificate in Tooling & Machining or Machinist apprenticeship preferred.
- 3 – 5 years CNC Swiss experience.
- Experience of working in a production environment
Don't feel you are the best fit for this job but know someone who is? Refer someone who is hired for this role (or ANY other) and we will offer you a referral bonus for helping us to keep our client happy.
Please be sure to sign up for email notifications when we post a new opening, or check back withhttp://jobs.techneeds.com to see our list of other openings.