North Hartland, VT 05052
Our client, a local Vermont designer and manufacturer of precision tools, gauges and fixtures is seeking a CNC Machinist to join their team on 1st shift. You will work in the field of aircraft engines, aerospace, medical equipment, optics, precision instruments, automotive, public utilities, etc.
You will use appropriate equipment such as Turning and Milling machines to create machined parts to match drawings. Will use the proper equipment to machine angles, radii, slots, holes, etc. on all tooling to create high quality, tight tolerance parts. These duties are to be performed within quality standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Read blueprints to determine material dimensions, required equipment, and operations sequences.
- Do all machine and tooling setup as required.
- Program CNC control at machine to achieve desired results.
- Performs dimensional inspection of machined parts as required.
- Monitor and change cutting tools as needed
- Lay out and mark reference points and dimensions on materials, using measuring instruments.
- Rework or alter parts and components as required to ensure that products meet standards.
- Critical thinking – Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Mathematics – Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, statistics and their applications.
- Must work well with others, most jobs are completed within a team environment.
Don' t feel you are the best fit for this job but know someone who is? Refer someone who is hired for this role (or ANY other) and we will offer you a referral bonus for helping us to keep our client happy.
Please be sure to sign up for email notifications when we post a new opening, or check back with http://jobs.techneeds.com to see our list of other openings.