CNC Machinist III - 1st Shift
Wilmington, MA 01887 US
At Our Client Company, they know the work they do makes a difference. Founded in 1963, this company is the market leading provider of manufacturing solutions for complex, high-precision products and services for the Medical Device and Aerospace & Defense markets. This client operates sixteen (16) global manufacturing facilities in five countries around the world and employs over 2500 people.
They have an immediate need for a Fulltime 1st Shift CNC Machinist III at their newest facility in Wilmington, MA.
The CNC Machinist III produces machined parts by setting up and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment and supplies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate and Set-up CNC machines within specified tolerances following work instructions and in accordance with machine programs and engineering drawings;
- Perform CNC Machinist work including progressive machining of a variety of parts and different metals where very close tolerances must be maintained;
- Change dull tooling, and/or make minor offsets and adjustments as needed for tooling wear;
- Perform routine maintenance as per daily machine checklist and adhere to PM schedule;
- Perform hand finishing;
- Achieve set productivity targets and identify ways of improving productivity;
- Record all activities in a timely manner on the job tracking system;
- Identify and support Continuous Improvement activities;
- Identify and escalate manufacturing issues to the Team Leader and/or Supervisor, participating in the resolution as required
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED); Associates degree/certificate in Tooling & Machining or Machinist apprenticeship preferred.
- 3 – 5 years CNC Swiss experience.
- Experience of working in a production environment, preferred