Buyer and Planner - 1st Shift
Manchester, NH 03103
Do you have experience with purchasing and planning and have worked in a manufacturing setting? Do have strong computer skills and ability to maintain confidential information? This job could be for you!
Our client, in Southern New Hampshire, is currently seeking a Buyer and Planner for 1st Shift. In this role you will be responsible for:
- Directing and planning the purchasing and procurement of materials, parts, equipment, and supplies for both maintenance, repair and operations (MRO), as well as direct materials to support production and engineering.
Analyze material requirements and place purchase orders for materials, services, and equipment as required to support production schedules
Drive supplier performance/quality to ensure on time delivery
- Get the most out of the use of the ERP/MRP system to support aggressive inventory reduction goals
- Solicit and evaluate proposals for requested commodities
- Source new suppliers
- Advise team and management on appropriate suppliers to be used
- Negotiate best and lowest costs
- Lead and / or support continuous improvement
- Assure that materials are delivered on schedule, at the negotiated price, and meets the quality standards of the company
- Maintain timely control of orders, amendments, shipping notices, and other documents to assure accurate retention of records
- Schedule flexibility to support critical deadlines may be required
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- B.S. 2 - 4-year business degree is helpful.
- 1-4 years of purchasing in manufacturing setting preferred
- MRP/ERP purchasing with MAPICS or other integrated system experience
- Expediting to meet deadlines
- Organizational skills
- Ability to thrive and multi task in a fast-paced environment
- Must have basic computer skills, including Excel and Word
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently
Hours - 9/80 work schedule with every other Friday off.
Don' t feel you are the best fit for this job but know someone who is? Refer someone who is hired for this role (or ANY other) and we will offer you a referral bonus for helping us to keep our client happy.
Please be sure to sign up for email notifications when we post a new opening, or check back with http://jobs.techneeds.com to see our list of other openings.