North Hartland, Vermont 05052 | Contract
Our client, a recognized leader in the design and manufacturing of precision fixtures and gages, is seeking an experienced Tool Maker.
You will utilize appropriate equipment such as surface grinder, jib-bore, jig grind, and Prototrak equipment to create and make tooling to match part drawings. With the proper equipment you will have the ability to create angles, radius on all tooling to create a high quality, tight tolerance part.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Study blueprints and drawings to determine material dimensions, required equipment, and operations sequences.
- Review shop orders and drawings to determine job specifications and requirements.
- Perform dimensional inspection of products as required.
- Monitor and change cutting tools as needed.
- Load and unload products.
- Lay-out and mark reference points and dimensions on materials using measuring instruments.
- Rework or alter component model or parts as required to ensure that products meet standards.
- Devise and construct tools, jigs, and fixtures, or modify existing tools and equipment.
- Drill, countersink, and ream holes in parts and assemblies for bolts, screws, and other fasteners.
- Ability to foresee changes relevant to area of responsibility.
- Ability to organize work assignments to ensure efficient operations.
- Ability to use critical thinking, logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, and draw conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principals involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
Don' t feel you are the best fit for this job but know someone who is? Refer someone who is hired for this role (or ANY other) and we will offer you a referral bonus for helping us to keep our client happy.
Please be sure to sign up for email notifications when we post a new opening, or check back with http://jobs.techneeds.com to see our list of other openings.