Test Technician - 1st Shift
Newburyport, Massachusetts 01950 | Contract
Our client, a leader in the design and manufacturing of amplifiers, discriminators, and linear amplifiers for both commercial and military applications, and is now seeking a talented Test Technician.
Responsibilities and Qualifications:
- Perform testing, troubleshooting and other related engineering tasks in the manufacture of crystal oscillators, frequency control and RF electronics products for space flight, high-reliability/military, and commercial applications.
- Experience with use of equipment for testing RF products such as, spectrum analyzers, frequency counters, and multimeters.
- Have a strong understanding of the operation and specification parameters of fundamental electrical component such as resistors, capacitors, inductors, transistors, op-amps, and logic gates.
- Capable of reading and have basic understanding of electrical schematics.
- Work closely with engineers to solve complex problems in multiple engineering disciplines during product development and enhancement.
- Work closely with engineers to generate assembly and test methods for new and existing products.
- Troubleshoot new and existing products and make suggestions for improvement.
- Have basic soldering skills and be able to work with surface mount components.
- Use sound engineering practices and good judgment in performing tasks.
- Capable of following directions, working with limited documentation, and participate in generating new documentation.
- Be driven to broaden knowledge in field of work and related sciences.
- Be highly organized and capable of working on multiple projects.
- Have good computer skills.
- Capable of training other personnel.
- Have excellent verbal and written skills.
Don' t feel you are the best fit for this job but know someone who is? Refer someone who is hired for this role (or ANY other) and we will offer you a referral bonus for helping us to keep our client happy.
Please be sure to sign up for email notifications when we post a new opening, or check back with http://jobs.techneeds.com to see our list of other openings.