Test Engineer - 1st Shift
Newington, New Hampshire 03801 | Contract
Are you a recent Computer Science graduate? Do you have a great attitude and willingness to learn? If you’ re looking for a company that you can learn and grow with, this job could be for you!
Our client, a large fiber optic manufacturing company, is now looking for a Test Engineer for Windows-based development work.
They are looking for an enthusiastic individual to participate on their team for development and support of client-server database applications.
The role of this Test Engineer is to support a manufacturing facility that builds optical amplifiers used in undersea communication systems. In this position, the selected candidate will work on many different types of electro-optical test sets, liaise with research and development, and provide first line support in their areas of responsibility. Coupled to this, data analysis and quality assurance forms an integral part of the position.
Job Duties, including but not limited to:
- Develop, construct, characterize, and maintain electro-optical test sets.
- Review existing processes and enhance them to improve yield, cycle time, and quality.
- Perform certification validation testing on electro-optical products.
- Perform Environmental Stress Analysis testing.
- Data analysis and monitoring product performance to be used to determine product reliability and manufacturing yields.
- Review product test data for conformance, perform failure mode testing with issuance of reports, and recommendations.
- Familiarity with Unix, C/C++, Object Oriented Programming, Access, and SQL is a plus.
- Basic knowledge of optical circuitry and fiber handling.
Don' t feel you are the best fit for this job but know someone who is? Refer someone who is hired for this role (or ANY other) and we will offer you a referral bonus for helping us to keep our client happy.
Please be sure to sign up for email notifications when we post a new opening, or check back with http://jobs.techneeds.com to see our list of other openings.