Peabody, MA 01960
Our client, located on Massachusetts North Shore, is looking for a Technician IV to join their team.
Under supervision the Technician III will verify, tests, verifies, calibrates and performs troubleshooting on complex circuit boards, sub-assemblies or systems to assure performance to specifications.
- Documents test results and tags items for acceptance or rejection.
- Typically performs component level troubleshooting on complex circuits and systems.
- Performs repairs or adjustments on selected products.
- Advises supervisor of test and quality problems.
- May evaluate RMAs and recommend disposition.
- May operate complex test equipment such as spectrum analyzer or Computed Tomography (CT) gantry.
- May perform iterative adjustments, tuning, or sorting.
- Maintains a neat, clean, and orderly work station and adjacent areas.
- Follows quality and safety standards and regulations.
- Trains lower level technicians.
Skill and Experience:
- Proficiency in troubleshooting using a mix of historical data a solid understanding of circuit theory.
- Familiarity with the basic functions of Digital Multi-Meter (DMM), oscilloscopes, frequency counters, and signal generators.
- Must understand some analog circuit and digital circuit theory, Ohm’ s law, power formulas, passive filters, and basic semiconductors.
- Proficient understanding of system block diagram and function and interaction of each sub-assembly if working at the sub-system level.
- Technical Certificate ASEE and/or equivalent and more than ten years of related experience.
Requires Skills (minimum of one):
- Ability to effectively troubleshoot complex problems to the component level based on understanding of the circuit.
- Ability to analyze and apply judgment to quickly and effectively perform complex sorting.
- Ability to differentiate between test equipment, mechanical, software, and electrical problems in board or system environments.
- Ability to assist or train other technicians in theory of operation or in troubleshooting.
- Proficiency with multiple sub-specialties such as analog, digital, RF, high power, microprocessor, and complex systems.
- Ability to work with engineering to evaluate design issues, to work across multiple product lines, and to evaluate returned (RMA) units in order to establish criteria needed to bring unit to acceptable status or recommend scrap.
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
Don' t feel you are the best fit for this job but know someone who is? Refer someone who is hired for this role (or ANY other) and we will offer you a referral bonus for helping us to keep our client happy.
Please be sure to sign up for email notifications when we post a new opening, or check back with http://jobs.techneeds.com to see our list of other openings.