Merrimack, NH 03054 | Contract
The Senior Technical Writer writes, rewrites and/or edits technical documents such as technical procedures, documents or manuals, and Engineering Change Orders to communicate clearly and effectively technical specifications and instructions. Acquires subject knowledge by interviewing product developers, observing performance of production methods, referring to technical specification, drawings, engineering illustrations and publications. Oversees preparation of illustrative materials, selecting drawings, sketches, diagrams and charts. Conducts quality review of materials.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Primary responsibilities of this hire:
The following tasks are supported by working with design engineers, manufacturing engineers, assemblers and manufacturing personnel to collect the necessary information and data to perform the following tasks.
- Revise and create manufacturing work/assembly instructions
- Revise, reformat and create manufacturing test procedures
- Research and support the creation of Engineering change orders
- Description of task that will be required to support the overall goal
The overall goal is to improve the quality of these documents to make them clearer to personnel not as close to the project
- Create technical written materials in support of program specific requirements.
- Collect and develop technical information and organize in a comprehensive, concise and timely manner using various computer applications.
- Collaborate with cross functional departments to collect and interpret technical input.
- Consult and collaborate with subject matter experts (SME) to understand and compile technical information.
- Develop graphics and diagrams and incorporate into technical writing assignments.
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of technical documentation.
- Develop presentations and provide training to department members and cross functional organizations.
- Other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Requires minimal supervision and receives tasking direction from supervisor
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required:
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficient in Adobe Acrobat a plus
- Detail oriented.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Teamwork, communication and people skills.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills required.
- Ability to work in a deadline driven environment.