Chelmsford, MA 01824 | Contract
Our client, located in Northern Massachusetts, is currently looking for a System Administrator to join their team.
The System Administrator (SA) is responsible for effective provisioning, installation, configuration, operation, and maintenance of its operational Infrastructure - PC, server and server related hardware and system software. This Individual constantly updates his/her understanding of emerging technologies via technical research and support of key IT development efforts to support the department' s goal of continuous innovation within the infrastructure. On a daily basis, this individual ensures that core servers, operating systems, relevant application systems and related procedures adhere to organizational requirements from a security and up time point of view.
This Individual is required to be part of a cohesive IT Team working with all members of the IT organization and users. As such, he/she is positioned to support a diverse group of users that require varying degrees of support.
- Install new and/or rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc.; in accordance with standards and project and/or operational requirements.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Contribute to and maintain system standards.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
- Perform dally system monitoring, verifying the Integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled Jobs such as backups.
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
- Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted users and groups.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities configure I add new services as necessary.
- Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
- Maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment.
- Provide Expert support on the Avaya Phone System.
- Assist Users with PC support.
- Detail understanding of phone switch, voicemail, and software.
- Detail understanding backup tools.
- Basic understanding of server management.
- Basic understanding of IP networks.
- Basic PC support skills.
- This position is a customer facing position requiring good customer service skills when dealing with users.
- BA or equivalent processional experience.
Don' t feel you are the best fit for this job but know someone who is? Refer someone who is hired for this role (or ANY other) and we will offer you a referral bonus for helping us to keep our client happy.
Please be sure to sign up for email notifications when we post a new opening, or check back with http://jobs.techneeds.com to see our list of other openings.