Shipping and Receiving Associate
Methuen, MA 01844
Our client, in Northern Massachusetts, is now looking for a Shipping and Receiving Associate for their current opening.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Checks goods against shipping documents for accuracy and authorizations.
- Verifies identification and quantity of products to be shipped.
- Prepares waybills, commercial invoices, and performs export filings.
- Stamps, stencils, or attaches information and shipping instruction onto containers.
- Maintains inventory of cartons, tapes, foam, and other packing materials.
- Prepares and maintains records of goods shipped, including documentation associated with the export of hazardous materials.
- May be assigned responsibility for the shipment of hazardous material in coordination with the licensing and safety personnel.
- Maintains records of goods received.
- Performs receipt data entry.
- Processes damaged, excess, or misdirected goods, routing material to inspection, stores or other destinations.
- Receives and unpacks goods.
- Checks receipts against waybills, packing slips, etc.
- Verifies nomenclature, identification and quantity.
- Prepares discrepancy reports when needed.
- Determines packaging requirements.
- May pack goods for shipment in accordance with applicable specifications, equipment characteristics, and transportation methods and routes.
- May build or brace special crating fixtures for shipments.
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Utilizes MS Office Suite and other applications.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a high school diploma and 4 or more years of shipping and receiving experience in a corporate environment.
- May substitute additional education in lieu of work experience.
- Hazardous Shipping Certificate preferred.
- Experience using ERP Software is preferred.
- Requires good understanding of shipping and postal regulations, ability to operate postal metering machines, organizing ability, communication skills, and ability to work independently.
- Requires a good knowledge of shipping and receiving policies, and practices and techniques for crating and packing materials.
- Proficient office computer skills including word processing, e-mail, and Internet software.
- Must be able to work extended hours as required.
Don' t feel you are the best fit for this job but know someone who is? Refer someone who is hired for this role (or ANY other) and we will offer you a referral bonus for helping us to keep our client happy.
Please be sure to sign up for email notifications when we post a new opening, or check back with http://jobs.techneeds.com to see our list of other openings.