Shipping Lead - 1st Shift
Beverly, Massachusetts 01915 | Contract
Our client enables global leaders in Food and Pharmaceuticals to track and monitor assets across the supply chain to protect the integrity of temperature-sensitive products!
Due to tremendous growth they are seeking a Shipping Lead with excellent inventory control, shipping and leadership skills.
- Oversee programming and shipping staff.
- Perform domestic and international shipping.
- Oversee and monitor 5S production area cleanliness, ensure LEAN, and continuous improvement principles are implemented and sustained.
- Input on employee evaluations.
- Monitoring vacation schedule and forward to supervisor for approval.
- Employee training.
- Ensure adherence to company policy.
- Maintain required training documentation and work instructions associated with staff and area of responsibility.
- Ensure job travelers and MQRs are processed according to ship dates to meet customer expectations.
- Oversee final inspection and ensure all job tickets are filled out accordingly.
- Distribute the inbound workload between manual programming cells and shipping to best suit customer and shipping department demands.
- Process and maintain all virtual receipts, job travelers, and other required documents for the facility.
- Communicate workload needs and issues with Production Supervisor to ensure timely and accurate processing of orders.
- Discuss with Production Supervisor customer complaint meeting notes and resolve issues relevant to manual programming and shipping areas.
- Provide daily ops updates and reports to manager in the format provided.
- Highlight “ Red Flag” concerns in any area that may impact staffing or revenue.
- Ensure backlog is communicated on a daily basis.
- Ensure OTD reason codes are recorded on a daily basis.
- Oversee end of day closing on all café shipping stations.
- Ensure QCPC is collected on a daily basis and co-facilitate meetings with departments to discuss QCPC.
- Responsible to update department metrics on monthly basis.
Don' t feel you are the best fit for this job but know someone who is? Refer someone who is hired for this role (or ANY other) and we will offer you a referral bonus for helping us to keep our client happy.
Please be sure to sign up for email notifications when we post a new opening, or check back with http://jobs.techneeds.com to see our list of other openings.