Senior Supply Chain Quality Engineer
Merrimack, New Hampshire 03054 | Direct Hire
Thinking of a change? Seeking a better work life balance? Would you enjoy every other Friday off?
Our client, in Southern New Hampshire, offers a great employee-friendly corporate culture. Look no further, this could be the career change you have been waiting for!
The Senior Supply Chain Quality Engineer provides technical expertise to suppliers to meet product specifications, quality expectations, productivity improvements, and resolve issues in a timely manner. They are responsible for assessing electrical and mechanical interactions of components, printed circuit assemblies, complex sub-assemblies, and sourced finished goods with hardware system-level requirements. This person will work both on new product releases and on sustaining product improvements, providing resolution to an assortment of complex issues.
- Provide technical expertise and leadership to identification and development of suppliers with respect to technology, performance, quality, cost, logistics, and delivery through the application of professionally accepted techniques, practices and procedures.
- Manage supplier performance by monitoring of quality, delivery, and cost metrics and developing corrective action plans when appropriate.
- Drive internal and external continuous improvement activities through analytical reviews, technical coaching and the use of Sig Sigma and Lean techniques.
- Support development of the Approved Supplier List, recommending additions and disqualifications when appropriate.
- Execute actions to implement company’ s global supplier development strategy (expansion/ consolidation) in support of growth plans using KPI’ s and periodic reassessments.
- Conduct periodic supplier audits and participate in Quarterly Business Reviews to determine supplier suitability.
- Drive the implementation of effective closed-loop corrective actions to resolve issues and prevent recurrences of failures/defects.
- Analyze product specifications and supplier processes to determine and specify the type of test and test equipment necessary to meet product specifications.
- Analyze, evaluate and recommend innovative approaches required for meeting specifications for new or modified products and systems.
- Document and validate Non-Conforming Material Reports (NCMR’ s) and Supplier Corrective Actions (SCAR’ s).
- Evaluate and support implementation of supplier change requests, (SMRR’ s), which impact product specifications/performance, manufacturing processes, and/or equipment.
- Support Quality Assurance and Design and Manufacturing Engineering in the resolution of technical issues, discrepancies, or investigations of customer complaints.
- Partner with Manufacturing Engineering to coordinate the effective implementation of Engineering Change Orders.
- Drive quality into supplier processes to promote/expand Certified Suppliers.
- Supplier selection based on supplier capability and technical part specifications.
- Provide leadership, performance feedback, and mentoring to Suppliers.
- Collaborate with internal organizations to identify solutions Drive “ Front End Processes” to ensure innovative, proven Supply Engineering techniques are incorporated early.
- Bachelor’ s Degree in an Engineering (Electrical and Mechanical), technical or equivalent discipline and 5-10 years of leadership experience within the manufacturing area.
- Strong knowledge and experience with electrical components and assemblies, particularly cables and PCBA tooling, and fabrication processes.
- Broad understanding of applicable industry tools, systems and processes.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, to include written/verbal communication.
- Above average analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to bring multi-discipline teams together to resolve complex issues.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and familiarity with ERP and document control systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of quality management systems and improvement methodologies such as Six Sigma, Kaizen, Control Plans, ISO-9001/AS-9100/ISO 13485, LEAN, DFM/DFT processes, and FMEA.
- Program and project management skills required.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, drawings and CAD models.
- Geometric dimensioning and tolerances experience.
- Use of various measurement tools and methods.
- Manufacturing techniques.
- Electrical component obsolescence management.
Don' t feel you are the best fit for this job but know someone who is? Refer someone who is hired for this role (or ANY other) and we will offer you a referral bonus for helping us to keep our client happy.
Please be sure to sign up for email notifications when we post a new opening, or check back withhttp://jobs.techneeds.com to see our list of other openings.