Industry: Light Industrial/Manufacturing
Job Number: 51259
Perform highly diversified quality assurance functions to evaluate, inspect, test and release assigned company or vendor products, either in-house or at supplier facilities as required. Ensure highest possible product quality and adherence to customer and established requirements and regulations. Perform special evaluative inspections of developmental or manufacturing parts, assemblies, and documentation.
- Perform special inspections of developmental and prototype parts involving a high degree of complexity. May assist engineers and vendor/customer representatives by evaluating parts and assemblies and identifying causes of non-conformance' s.
- Assist engineering personnel in reviewing and developing inspection methods and procedures. Recommend designs of mechanical inspection fixturing to reduce routine inspection time and improve efficiency.
- Perform complex mechanical inspection operations including geometric and trigonometric inspections to contract specifications and established quality standards. Work from blueprints, engineering sketches, customer specifications, and written and verbal instructions to certify conformance to size, form, finish and workmanship.
- Devise, set up, maintain and operate a wide variety of mechanical, optical, and electrical inspection equipment.
- Qualify molds and dies.
- Provide instruction to others in the set up and use of measuring equipment.
- May conduct surveys on prospective vendors and report results to appropriate departments for final disposition of vendor status. Assists in the maintenance of vendor quality systems.
- Maintain inspection records.
- Perform quality and ISO audits, surveillance and verification inspections and/or test in all phases of the manufacturing cycle.
- Review issues of non-conformance and provide support documentation for failure investigations and root cause analysis.
- Assist in the evaluation of data to support corrective action and process/product improvement.
- Assist in devising and implementing methods and procedures for inspecting, testing, and evaluating product.
- Assist in the calibration and maintenance of test equipment as required.
- Support development programs with design control activities. Support the manufacturing process in resolving design problems; assist in the transition of products from development into production.
- Assist in resolution of vendor quality issues.
- Support activities related to the release of product.
- Responsible for the safe handling and disposal of hazardous materials and waste.
- Education requirements consist of a high school diploma and two years of related post high school technical education providing knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, and/or machine shop practice.
- Requires at least 5 years’ experience in a Quality specialty such as precision mechanical inspection, tool and gauge inspection, electronics, quality systems, or a combination thereof, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of 21 CFR Part 820 and ISO Standards is required.
Don' t feel you are the best fit for this job but know someone who is? Refer someone who is hired for this role (or ANY other) and we will offer you a referral bonus for helping us to keep our client happy.
Please be sure to sign up for email notifications when we post a new opening, or check back with http://jobs.techneeds.com to see our list of other openings.