Senior Electrical and Controls Technician
125 Suffolk Lane Gardner, Massachusetts 01440 | Direct Hire
Primary responsibilities include developing standardized instrumentation and control approaches, specifying and procuring control hardware and software, control and operator interface programming, shop inspection and testing, field wiring inspections, performing/documenting system commissioning activities, and providing ongoing technical support to field operations. Duties may also include power distribution design and installation oversight, decommissioning support, and inspecting/testing existing process equipment for re-deployment. Maintain a high level of professionalism and commitment to quality production.
- Identify classes and training needed for career development.
- Review and assist in development of Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams as they relate to instrument selection, control, and alarming functionality.
- Review and approve vendor submittals for packaged equipment.
- Specify and procure instruments, control hardware, and control software.
- Review and/or develop control logic specifications and alarm/interlock summaries.
- Develop ladder logic, operator interface programming, and relay-based control systems to meet project demands.
- Develop or assist in the development of power distribution system designs.
- Development of Operations and Maintenance Manuals.
- Develop system testing procedures unique to project orientation and specifications.
- Inspect, shop test, and document process equipment, instrumentation, and controls in our inventory.
- Inspect, test, verify, and document OEM fabricated hardware and controls.
- Coordinate and document controls inspection/testing activities with OEM field staff during commissioning.
- Ongoing office and field technical support to field operations staff.
- Associates degree or equivalent in technical discipline area
- 5 years minimum experience in the environmental remediation and/or industry wastewater treatment preferred
- 10 years minimum experience in PLC/HMI specification and programming
- Experience with P3000 hardware and related programming a plus
- Experience with power distribution for rotating equipment and heaters is a plus
- 40 Hr. OSHA Hazwoper training, and current 8 hr refresher training preferred
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Don' t feel you are the best fit for this job but know someone who is? Refer someone who is hired for this role (or ANY other) and we will offer you a referral bonus for helping us to keep our client happy.
Please be sure to sign up for email notifications when we post a new opening, or check back with http://jobs.techneeds.com to see our list of other openings.