Senior Electrical Test Engineer
139 Barnum Rd. Devens, Massachusetts 01434 | Direct Hire
The Electrical Design and Test Engineer is responsible for analyzing, designing, implementing, and testing electrical PCB assemblies used to control LSM transport systems. This person is required to interface with the mechanical, software, and customer support groups to ensure the electrical design and testing meets the requirements of all stakeholders and to ensure the successful delivery of hardware to end customers.
- Design, develop, troubleshoot, debug, and maintain PCB and electrical assemblies.
- Ensure adherence to electrical engineering development process and configuration management systems
- Ensure timely deliverables to project milestones.
- Work with the electrical group as well as software, mechanical, and customer support groups to ensure delivered hardware meets all requirements.
- Be knowledgeable of generally accepted electrical engineering principles and PCB schematic capture and layout design rules.
- Be knowledgeable of standard electrical test equipment such as oscilloscopes, power supplies, and digital multi-meters for use in PCB or electrical assembly test and debug.
- Be knowledgeable and adhere to electrical safety practices when testing, debugging, or operating electrical assemblies.
- Communicate effectively to management and to all stakeholder groups.
- BS in Electrical Engineering.
- 5+ years aggregate experience in electrical and circuit design, PCB schematic capture, and layout.
- Must be legally authorization to work in the US without sponsorship.
- 2+ years’ experience with test development and execution of electrical PCB assemblies (PCBA’ s) including design of test fixtures and equipment.
- Experience with developing test software for use in test fixtures for PCBA’ s and assemblies.
- Experience of power electronics such as inverters and DC/DC converters a plus.
- Experience designing to meet CE emissions and susceptibility standards as applied to power electronics a plus.
Don' t feel you are the best fit for this job but know someone who is? Refer someone who is hired for this role (or ANY other) and we will offer you a referral bonus for helping us to keep our client happy.
Please be sure to sign up for email notifications when we post a new opening, or check back with http://jobs.techneeds.com to see our list of other openings.