Senior Electrical Engineer
Canton, Massachusetts 02021 | Contract
Our client is currently looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer to join their Motion Control Team.
Our client is a worldwide leader in high performance motion solutions. In end applications ranging from semiconductor manufacturing tools, laboratory automation machinery, satellite tracking, and their drives deliver world class performance. Their motor drives are the most innovative in the industry and employ a wide variety of technologies including high speed networking, digital signal processing with FPGA’ s, precision analog signal conditioning, and high efficiency power conversion.
- Design PCB-level mixed analog and digital, interface, and power electronic circuits to meet product specification and cost requirements.
- Maintain awareness of new component developments and emerging technologies relevant to motion controls and use and/or recommend them for new designs where appropriate to achieve cost, performance, and size goals.
- Set the standard for design best practices and collaborate with mechanical engineering, and the firmware and software design teams to yield outstanding new products.
- Be the leading technical voice in product planning meetings, design reviews etc., and foster innovative thinking within the group by initiating continuous improvement discussions on all aspects of product design and development.
- A BS in Electrical Engineering; MS, or PhD in Electrical Engineering preferred.
- 5-10 years of direct, PCB-level, hands on design experience with μ C/FPGA based systems containing mixed signal, interface, and power conversion circuitry.
- Ability to think and create across technical disciplines (mechanical, thermal, firmware and software, and test) to develop compact, reliable, and high performance motor drives.
- Strong ability to design magnetic components used in power conversion circuits.
- An excellent understanding of control theory as applied to power conversion and motion control.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a product development team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with all phases of PCB design flow – specification, schematic capture, DFM/DFT and layout.
- Working knowledge of PCB design tools (Orcad Capture, PADS, or Allegro).
- Familiarity with EMC, electrical safety, and functional safety standards and requirements.
Don' t feel you are the best fit for this job but know someone who is? Refer someone who is hired for this role (or ANY other) and we will offer you a referral bonus for helping us to keep our client happy.
Please be sure to sign up for email notifications when we post a new opening, or check back with http://jobs.techneeds.com to see our list of other openings.