162 Corporate Drive, Suite 100 Portsmouth, New Hampshire 03801 | Contract
Our client who has a reputation for designing and building electrical connectors/fiber optics is seeking a talented Purchasing Professional with strong knowledge of Government Procurement.
The Senior Buyer has responsibility for purchasing activities, ensuring uninterrupted supply of direct materials and services including raw materials, packaging materials, and OEM finished goods and services. This position’ s primary objective is to acquire inbound materials and services on time and complete, from approved Suppliers at competitive costs as required to support the operations and improve the organization’ s profitability.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement inventory control programs including Pay at Consumption, VMI & KANBAN to achieve cash flow objectives without compromising material availability.
- Manages purchase requisitions and places purchase orders for materials, services and equipment as required to support customer demand.
- Manage formalized risk mitigation programs to reduce vulnerability of supply chain interruptions.
- Develop effective supplier management relationships focused on availability, quality & cost.
- Present procurement strategies to Management.
- Understand regulatory & market requirements and their impacts on the supply chain.
- Proficient and effective implementation of change management.
- Maintain a positive results oriented attitude that promotes teamwork with peers, subordinates, & other support areas and suppliers while driving significant change.
- Optimize utilization of ERP/MRP in an MTO & MTS environment.
- Achieve financial goals of the Procurement Organization.
- Lead and/or participate on process improvement teams to drive cost savings and process improvements.
- Strong knowledge of Government Procurement, the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), the Defense Federal Acquisition Supplement (DFARS) and Contractor Purchasing System Reviews (CPSR).
- BS in business, engineering, supply chain management or technical oriented field preferred.
- APICS, CSIM or equivalent certification preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of MRP, IFS knowledge preferred
- 7+ years of experience in Purchasing or Sourcing required.
Don' t feel you are the best fit for this job but know someone who is? Refer someone who is hired for this role (or ANY other) and we will offer you a referral bonus for helping us to keep our client happy.
Please be sure to sign up for email notifications when we post a new opening, or check back with http://jobs.techneeds.com to see our list of other openings.