SMT Operator - 2nd Shift
Westborough, MA 01581
Our client, located in Central Massachusetts, is looking for a SMT Operator for their 2nd shift opening, who will be responsible for utilizing SMT machines to place surface mount parts and solder re-flow the devices to the printed circuit board. Responsible for the set-up of all pieces of equipment on the SMT line including the screen printer, the pick and place machines, and the re-flow oven. Ability to identify issues relating to each piece of equipment on the line and make minor modifications to programs as required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adhere to all ESD requirements.
- Adhere to all Board Handling requirements.
- Follow Moisture Sensitive Device (MSD) handling requirements based on component moisture sensitive levels (MSL).
- Support and follow all ISO standards related to the Quality Management System; these systems may include, but are not limited to, quality, the environment, health, safety, and security.
- Utilize the manufacturing execution system to transact the work performed at various work centers on shop floor.
- Utilize process sheets to ensure correct build of product.
- Load feeders for surface mount machines using the load list provided by machine.
- Verify correct part numbers being used for the specific job being run.
- Initiate and select correct programs for SMT screen printer and SMT pick and place machines and correct reflow profile for the reflow oven.
- Select the proper stencil screen for use during screen printing operation.
- Trim in assemblies on the screen printer related to the fiducials on the assembly and inspection related processes on the printer.
- Perform necessary trims required on the SMT pick and place equipment related to the SMT program, PCB fiducials, and feeder set-ups.
- Perform machine preventative maintenance on Screen Printer and Pick and Place machines based on assigned schedules.
- Operate stencil cleaning machine.
- Cleaning boards as required based on soldering chemistry.
- Support all 5S objectives.
- Must use required Personal Protective Equipment as applicable.
- Perform all other duties, as assigned.
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to identify issues relating to each piece of equipment on the line and make minor modifications to programs as required.
- Ability to effectively navigate computer systems and required software.
- Must be able to read and interpret customer-supplied documentation.
- Must be able to read and interpret company documentation.
- Must pass IPC-DVD-64C Component Identification.
- Must pass IPC-A-610 Modules: 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, and 8.
- Computer skills; including Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of machine maintenance.
- Must be able to operate job specific equipment such as and not limited to, Juki pick and place, EKRA screen printer, Koh-young SPI, Reflow, and Vapor Phase ovens.
Experience and Education:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 6 – 12 months previous electronic experience preferred.
Don' t feel you are the best fit for this job but know someone who is? Refer someone who is hired for this role (or ANY other) and we will offer you a referral bonus for helping us to keep our client happy.
Please be sure to sign up for email notifications when we post a new opening, or check back with http://jobs.techneeds.com to see our list of other openings.