SMT Operator 2nd Shift
125 Fisher St Westborough, Massachusetts 01581 | Contract
Our client is looking for a SMT Operator for their 2nd shift opening, who will be responsible for utilizing SMT machines to place surface mount parts and solder reflow the devices to the printed circuit board. Responsible for the set-up of all pieces of equipment on the SMT line including the screen printer, the pick and place machines, and the reflow oven. Ability to identify issues relating to each piece of equipment on the line and make minor modifications to programs as required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adhere to all ESD requirements.
- Adhere to all Board Handling requirements.
- Follow Moisture Sensitive Device (MSD) handling requirements based on component moisture sensitive levels (MSL).
- Support and follow all ISO standards related to the Quality Management System. These systems may include, but are not limited to, quality, the environment, health, safety, and security.
- Utilize the manufacturing execution system to transact the work performed at various work centers on shop floor.
- Utilize process sheets to ensure correct build of product.
- Load feeders for surface mount machines using the load list provided by machine.
- Verify correct part numbers being used for the specific job being run.
- Initiate and select correct programs for SMT screen printer and SMT pick and place machines and correct reflow profile for the reflow oven.
- Select the proper stencil screen for use during screen printing operation.
- Trim in assemblies on the screen printer related to the fiducials on the assembly and inspection related processes on the printer.
- Perform necessary trims required on the SMT pick and place equipment related to the SMT program, PCB fiducials, and feeder setups.
- Perform machine preventative maintenance on Screen Printer and Pick and Place machines based on assigned schedules.
- Operate stencil cleaning machine.
- Cleaning boards as required based on soldering chemistry.
- Support all 5S objectives.
- Must use required Personal Protective Equipment as applicable.
- Perform all other duties, as assigned.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to identify issues relating to each piece of equipment on the line and make minor modifications to programs as required.
- Ability to effectively navigate computer systems and required software.
- Must be able to read and interpret customer-supplied documentation.
- Must be able to read and interpret company documentation.
- Must pass IPC-DVD-64C Component Identification.
- Must pass IPC-A-610 Modules: 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, & 8.
- Microsoft Office/computer skills.
- Knowledge of machine maintenance.
- Must be able to operate job specific equipment such as and not limited to, Juki pick and place, EKRA screen printer, Koh-young SPI, Reflow, and Vapor Phase ovens.
Experience and Education:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 6 – 12 months previous electronic experience preferred.
Don' t feel you are the best fit for this job but know someone who is? Refer someone who is hired for this role (or ANY other) and we will offer you a referral bonus for helping us to keep our client happy.
Please be sure to sign up for email notifications when we post a new opening, or check back with http://jobs.techneeds.com to see our list of other openings.