Chelmsford, MA 01824
Our client, located in Northern Massachusetts, is looking for an experienced RF Technician to join their team.
The RF Technician will be conducting full RF test characterization of RF and microwave amplifiers to include the following amplifier types: low noise, high gain, broadband gain, variable gain, and power amplifiers. Characterization includes measurement of the following parameters: DC current, gain and return loss (small-signal s-parameters), noise figure, 1-dB and 3-dB compression points, harmonics, and intermodulation distortion (IP3). General familiarity with engineering test procedures, data taking, and storage is expected. Knowledge of data plotting in Microsoft Excel is a plus. General knowledge of microwave measurements and familiarity with the following equipment is required:
- Network analyzer.
- Spectrum analyzer.
- Noise measurement equipment.
- Digital voltmeters and ammeters.
- RF power meters.
- RF signal sources.
- Waveform generators.
- Hot/cold plates.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in the RF and Microwave industry.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to follow both verbal and written instructions.
- General working knowledge of network analyzer, spectrum analyzer, power meter, noise figure meter, and RF signal sources.
- Good hand eye coordination for work under a microscope is a plus.
- Manual die attach and wire bonding experience are a plus.
- Simple hand soldering knowledge and experience is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office is a plus.
Don' t feel you are the best fit for this job but know someone who is? Refer someone who is hired for this role (or ANY other) and we will offer you a referral bonus for helping us to keep our client happy.
Please be sure to sign up for email notifications when we post a new opening, or check back with http://jobs.techneeds.com to see our list of other openings.