645 Harvey Road Suite 11 Manchester, New Hampshire 03103 | Contract
Our client is a privately owned electronics manufacturer who is looking for a Quote Specialist who will be responsible for providing accurate and timely component/labor pricing information
Detail of Responsibilities:
- Manage quotation process with appropriate suppliers to ensure industry competitive pricing within the requested time frame.
- Develop and implement procedures to utilize strategic sources, and to exclude unapproved sources from quotations.
- Create the necessary models to enable material pricing on flexibility, assured supply, and favorable pricing as requested by the Customer.
- Assume full responsibility for overall performance of suppliers who quote material.
- Provide input to all key supplier business reviews.
- Evaluate quoting price, OTD, improvement goals, key initiatives, and market information.
- Develop and manage supplier relationships for improvement in the quotation process.
- Analyze quotes won/lost ratio.
- Analyze procedures for elimination of negative price variances.
- Coordinate benchmark information relative to contracted component activities.
- Recommend and coordinate cost reduction initiatives/strategies.
- Coordinate activities for opportunities for automated process improvements.
- Fully support the developed supply chain strategies, and provide resources and assistance in strategy implementation.
- Establish timely, creative, and effective solutions to maintain a positive relationship with suppliers, customers, potential customers, and internal customers.
- Provide performance objectives and associated metrics, and track the performance and report progress.
- Provide day to day direction to the Quoting Assistant.
- Prioritize multiple tasks, meet deadlines, drive any concerns/problems to ensure timely resolution and quote submittal along with communication of any issues of potential delays.
- Employee must be self-motivated with the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Must have strong leadership skills and possess excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Must have technical and business knowledge of electronic commodities.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills needed.
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities, produce excellent work results and follow through on commitments.
- Remain focused while working in a hectic, and fast paced environment.
- Maintain knowledge of key suppliers and their executives.
Don' t feel you are the best fit for this job but know someone who is? Refer someone who is hired for this role (or ANY other) and we will offer you a referral bonus for helping us to keep our client happy.
Please be sure to sign up for email notifications when we post a new opening, or check back with http://jobs.techneeds.com to see our list of other openings.