Quality Inspector - 1st Shift
15 COLUMBIA DRIVE Amherst, New Hampshire 03031 | Contract
Responsible for quality of products throughout the production process with the authorization to release or hold shipments. Responsible for keeping inspection records and quality inspection documentation updated. Provide assistance to the Quality Manager, Materials and the Production Department.
The duties and responsibilities of the QA Inspector include, but are not limited to the following:
- Perform in-process and final inspection and observe and report discrepancies for corrective action.
- Incoming inspection as required.
- Read drawings, specifications, assembly instructions, BOM’ s, and assembly procedures to perform inspections and tests.
- Use ERP and document directories to verify correct version of documentation.
- Perform inspections on product with and without magnification using workmanship standards and reference industry standards i.e. IPC-A-610.
- Perform inspections on products using test equipment such as micrometers, calipers, pin gauges, force gauges, steel rulers, assembly fixtures, and a variety of torque tools.
- Identify and record defects and enter data in electronic media to track and report quality metrics.
- Complete other appropriate tags and inventory movement forms as needed.
- Enter defect trends into the Mantis database.
- Monitor implementation of quality standards and training of personnel to achieve standards in inspection.
- Confer with engineers, supervision and employees regarding the inspection procedures and inspection results to resolve problems.
Don' t feel you are the best fit for this job but know someone who is? Refer someone who is hired for this role (or ANY other) and we will offer you a referral bonus for helping us to keep our client happy.
Please be sure to sign up for email notifications when we post a new opening, or check back with http://jobs.techneeds.com to see our list of other openings.