Quality Engineer - 1st Shift
Salem, Massachusetts 01970 | Contract
Our client, who is a technology leader of high performance optoelectronic solutions to some of the best OEM’ s in the world, is looking for a talented Quality Engineer due to tremendous growth.
- Develop, implement, maintain, and improve world-class production processes and quality assurance systems.
- Investigates major quality and customer related problems, and participates with operations and customers to resolve issues.
- Proactively supports operations in order to exceed customer expectations.
- Participates in reviews of engineering designs and production processes in terms of quality requirements.
- Suggests modifications in design or production processes to achieve optimum quality and reliability in customer requirements and production costs.
- Participates in Customer Contract Reviews and responsible for flow down of resulting customer quality requirements.
- Develops and maintains quality control inspection and test procedures for a variety of parts and equipment.
- Maintains standards for calibrating inspection instruments and ensures that all instruments are calibrated and documented at prescribed intervals.
- Plans, schedules, and directs the inspection of materials, parts, and apparatus in accordance with quality control procedures and ensures that detailed inspection records are maintained and that rejected items are properly identified.
- Performs internal audits and follow up activities in order to maintain our ISO-9001 Quality Management System certification.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining methods of collecting and presenting quality metrics.
- Participates in contributing in the Continuous Improvement processes for productivity and material savings.
- Participates in developing and maintaining high quality supplier base:
- Develop, implement, and maintain standards for assuring high levels of quality responsiveness and service from suppliers.
- Partner with Supply Chain on supplier qualification, defects reduction, and corrective and preventive actions.
- Develop and maintain supplier quality reports, audits, certification, and ratings.
- Respond to supplier defects with pro-active partnership approaches.
- Review and audit suppliers’ quality control systems and processes.
- Manage supplier yield data and continuous improvement progress.
Don' t feel you are the best fit for this job but know someone who is? Refer someone who is hired for this role (or ANY other) and we will offer you a referral bonus for helping us to keep our client happy.
Please be sure to sign up for email notifications when we post a new opening, or check back with http://jobs.techneeds.com to see our list of other openings.