Fitchburg, MA 01420
A rapidly growing company in the Fitchburg area is seeking a Project Engineer. Our client is a world class contract manufacturer for the Medical Device, Aerospace, Defense and Life Sciences markets.
The right person will be responsible for engineering and project management of all phases of customer or company generated programs/products.
Employee Health and Safety:
- Conduct all tasks with the highest regard for personnel and equipment safety
- In any design or product review, incorporate and review all environmental aspects and impacts of the engineering project
- Familiar with emergency response procedures
- Maintain a level of housekeeping to ensure that work areas are safe, clean and orderly
- Report all accidents, incidents (near-misses), injuries, illnesses, and environmental releases in a timely manner
- Use appropriate personal protective equipment as required
- Use care in handling hazardous materials or operating processes or equipment that use hazardous materials to prevent unplanned issues in the workplace or the environment
- Customer Satisfaction: Interface professionally and responsively with Customer during project management
- Place the highest priority on supporting customer complaint investigations
- Manage time efficiently in order to maximize productivity
- Financial Results: Provide continuous improvement ideas
- Communicate with coworkers in a professional and effective manner
- Demonstrate respect for coworkers
- Respond to Job Satisfaction survey openly and accurately
- Report unsafe work conditions
- Act as team leader on engineering and company cross-functional groups
- Plan the trial and debugging of new tooling with process engineers and manufacturing implementation
- Assure that proper quotation information is prepared for forwarding to customer or establishing costs for proprietary products
- Assure that tooling and equipment is procured/fabricated for all phases of project/product inception
- Coordinate tool designs to assure that tooling meets process engineering requirements and compatibility with selected materials
- Develop and assure that necessary documentation for product is complete in accordance with ISO and GMP requirements. Provide support to assure that the product(s) produced will meet customer requirements
- Interface with sales and customer to qualify products/projects for quotation
- Must adhere to all company policies and to act as a role model in the adherence to policies
- Must have a basic understanding of quality management systems related to ISO 9001 & ISO 13485
- Provide design support to customer to assure manufacturability of proposed product
- Responsible for proper/safe operation of tooling and process
- Processes/equipment must conform to OSHA, federal, state and local
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Degree in an engineering discipline, mechanical engineering preferred
- Ten years’ experience in plastic injection molding and tool making practices
- Proficient in CAD use for 3D modeling and tooling design.
- Familiarity with plating on plastics is desirable
Don' t feel you are the best fit for this job but know someone who is? Refer someone who is hired for this role (or ANY other) and we will offer you a referral bonus for helping us to keep our client happy.
Please be sure to sign up for email notifications when we post a new opening, or check back with http://jobs.techneeds.com to see our list of other openings.