North Hartland, Vermont 05052 | Contract
Our client, a local designer and manufacturer of precision tools, gauges and fixtures, is seeking a Programmer to join their team. You will work with companies in the field of aircraft engines, aerospace, medical equipment, optics, precision instruments, automotive, public utilities, etc.
The Programmer reports directly to the Manufacturing Engineering Manager. Assumes responsibility for developing new part processes, optimizing processes for recurring jobs, and contributing technical support to the Operations Manager, this includes CAD, fixture design and tooling, programming, and documentation of the process for set-up personnel and operators.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create CNC programs for all production and tooling parts.
- Quoting parts from models or pdf files.
- Manufacturing flow from quoting to finished part to the customer.
- Process Improvements.
- 5-10 years of experience in manufacturing engineering with programming with Siemens NX or SolidWorks.
- Proficiency with Mastercam knowledge is a plus.
- Proficiency with Heidenhain and Okuma controls.
- Knowledge of work holding and tooling methodology.
- Knowledge and experience in cutting tool selection.
- Highly skilled in the development and optimization of CNC Machining processes.
- Must have knowledge and experience in all aspects of the process. This includes knowledge and experience with 5-Axis Mill, Vertical Mill, and Y-Axis Lathe with live tooling. Siemens NX or equivalent.
Don' t feel you are the best fit for this job but know someone who is? Refer someone who is hired for this role (or ANY other) and we will offer you a referral bonus for helping us to keep our client happy.
Please be sure to sign up for email notifications when we post a new opening, or check back with http://jobs.techneeds.com to see our list of other openings.