Production Technician - 1st Shift
Manchester, NH 03103
Do you have strong assembly and soldering experience? Do you have technician experience and enjoy working with engineers and solving problems? This job could be for you!
Our client, in Southern New Hampshire, is currently seeking a Production Technician for their 1st shift opening. In this role you will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Performs assembly and inspection using microscopes, magnifying glasses, and electronic vision apparatus as needed.
- Developing, organizing, and maintaining work area.
- Raise and resolve technical issues working with engineering.
- Facilitate problem solving within the cell and escalate issues to production manager or group lead as required.
- Maintain current revision process documentation within work cell and provide constructive feedback for changes and improvements through the process of red lined documents to manufacturing engineering.
- Coach and mentor employees with assembly techniques and other best practices to ensure training on new product is successful.
- Coordinate with manufacturing engineering to take ownership of new process flows, manufacturing changes and recommend improvements.
- Perform 6S sustainment audits and routine safety audits.
- Schedule flexibility to support critical deadlines may be required.
- Previous technician level work in a manufacturing environment required.
- Prior J-STD/IPC610 soldering certification and experience preferred.
- Previous experience coaching and training employees on skills and techniques for best practices.
- Experience working with engineers in an effort to ensure a smooth transition of product from a Research and development environment to manufacturing.
- Experience learning new products and processes quickly and ability to train others.
- Experience troubleshooting both electrical and mechanical communication product.
- Experience with quality, lean manufacturing and continuous improvement preferred.
- Hours - 9/80 work schedule with every other Friday off.
Don' t feel you are the best fit for this job but know someone who is? Refer someone who is hired for this role (or ANY other) and we will offer you a referral bonus for helping us to keep our client happy.
Please be sure to sign up for email notifications when we post a new opening, or check back with http://jobs.techneeds.com to see our list of other openings.