14 Evarts Road PO Box 38 North Hartland, Vermont 05052 | Contract
Our client, a local Vermont designer and manufacturer of precision tools, gauges and fixtures is seeking a Production Supervisor to join their team. You will work in the field of aircraft engines, aerospace, medical equipment, optics, precision instruments, automotive, public utilities, etc.
Supervises shop employees in a manufacturing and assembly environment: plans and assigns work, implements policies and procedures and recommends improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review shop orders & technical data package, resolve any issues & questions regarding schedule with Master Scheduler; plus bill of material & process with Manufacturing Engineer.
- Assign work as specified by process & schedule
- Monitor operator quality, conformity to process & estimated hours.
- Insure rapid flow of orders thru your department that will prevent build up
- Insure conformity to all company rules & policies.
- Administer progressive discipline for any violations as directed by Human Resources.
- Employee training and development.
- Measurement of performance to goals and standards.
- Leadership: a demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
- Supervision, performance review and discipline.
- An ability to balance and achieve positive results in the areas of safety, quality, productivity, cost and employee relations.
- Quality orientation and attention to detail.
- Problem analysis and resolution.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Attend all necessary meetings.
Don' t feel you are the best fit for this job but know someone who is? Refer someone who is hired for this role (or ANY other) and we will offer you a referral bonus for helping us to keep our client happy.
Please be sure to sign up for email notifications when we post a new opening, or check back with http://jobs.techneeds.com to see our list of other openings.