Production Supervisor - 1st Shift
Milford, NH 03055
Our client that is one of the leaders in manufacturing transducers, weather sensing instruments is now seeking a Production Supervisor!
- Effectively communicates with the appropriate department personnel for assistance with engineering, materials, process, equipment, personnel, quality, or other needs.
- Responsible for continuous improvement initiatives within area of control, with special emphasis on safety, quality, delivery, inventory, and productivity.
- Prepares and conducts performance evaluations and participates in creating developmental goals, i.e., productivity, quality and level of service, and monitors progress.
- Conducts interviews for filling vacancies when required.
- Keeps personnel well informed of established policies and procedures and changes as they occur.
- Administers employee counseling and/or corrective action as deemed necessary.
- Maintains employee records with appropriate confidentiality.
- Works with the Production Control team to develop weekly schedules and reports. Assigns scheduled work to members of the team.
- Leads and participates in continuous improvement initiatives including kaizen events, and root cause analyses such as 5 Whys and 8Ds.
- Analyzes routing' s, productivity and quality trends and defines root cause issues.
- Attends and/or conducts meetings including daily team huddles, gemba, A3 Review meetings, and monthly Production Staff Meetings.
- Maintains an on-going knowledge of new products and processes introduced into the area under supervision.
- Interfaces with multiple disciplines e.g. QA, Engineering, Production Supervisors, to correct deficiencies and implement systems that improve workflow, quality of product, and safety of employees.
- Responsible for accurate inventory within assigned warehouse(s).
- Conducts equipment/process needs analysis and cost analysis Makes recommendations for, and implements, equipment and process improvements. Tracks outcome; production/quality improvement trends and/ or cost savings.
- Performs other related duties as required or directed.
A. S. degree or equivalent background. Five or more years, supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment with demonstrated leadership and organizational ability.
Don' t feel you are the best fit for this job but know someone who is? Refer someone who is hired for this role (or ANY other) and we will offer you a referral bonus for helping us to keep our client happy.
Please be sure to sign up for email notifications when we post a new opening, or check back with http://jobs.techneeds.com to see our list of other openings.