Master Scheduler - 1st Shift
Billerica, MA 01821
Do you have Master Scheduling experience and strong computer skills with Excel? Do you have an APICS certification and have worked with SAP BI reporting tool?
Our client in Northern Massachusetts is seeking a Master Scheduler for their 1st Shift. In this role you will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Planning, scheduling, coordinating, and monitoring products through the complete production cycle.
- Will work with supervisors, clients, and individuals from other companies to ensure that goals and deadlines are being met with the production cycle.
- Coordinate and plan production orders based on customer orders, forecasted demand, optimal batch sizes and agreed upon material and stock levels.
- Establish quarterly production plans based on customer/forecast demand and capacity.
- Track progress of customer and production orders
- Meet or exceed goals and objectives as agreed upon with the Production Manager
- Work and implement plans for efficient use of materials, machines and employees.
- Develop standard and ad hoc reports to identify areas of improvement.
- Work with Group Leaders to develop schedules, monitor capacity requirements and update schedules as required.
- Research production related problems that are submitted by Employees, Customers, Engineering, Production Planning Manager, and Purchasing and provide recommendations for future prevention (part issues, assembly issues, engineering issues, etc.).
- Resolve production related issues that affect the build schedule of the products.
- Be the liaison between vendors/suppliers and the company for Jobs Status
- Identify causes of common process problems and provide alternative solutions for resolving them
- Run daily production meetings
- 5-10 years of Master Scheduling experience
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written are essential
- Strong PC skills, including the ability to perform data analysis in Excel.
- Bachelor’ s degree preferred (desired)
- APICS training and prior MRP/planning experience (desired)
- Knowledge of SAP BI reporting tool (desired)
- Experience working with Dynamics AX 2009 (desired)
- Ability to prioritize, organize and follow-through on tasks and be able to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated and able to work without constant supervision.
- Proficient with Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work cross functionally and at all levels within the organizations.
- Ability to collaborate to achieve project goals.
- Ability to plan both in the short-term as well as the long-term.
Great growing company! Apply now for immediate consideration
Don' t feel you are the best fit for this job but know someone who is? Refer someone who is hired for this role (or ANY other) and we will offer you a referral bonus for helping us to keep our client happy.
Please be sure to sign up for email notifications when we post a new opening, or check back with http://jobs.techneeds.com to see our list of other openings.